You can clone any repository backup snapshot available for your backup directly from BackHub servers.
For this feature to work, you must have an SSH key stored in your GitHub account, and “Clone from BackHub” activated in the user settings of your account (deactivated by default).
To activate/deactivate the “Clone from BackHub” feature:
- Select “Settings” in the User menu.
- Click “Clone from BackHub” to toggle on or off.
After the feature has been switched on, BackHub fetches the SSH key into your GitHub account within 24 hours.
To clone a repository backup from BackHub servers:
- Open the panel of a backup.
- Select the snapshot to clone (default: “current”).
- Copy the clone URL.
- Open Terminal.
- Change the current working directory to the location where you want the cloned directory to be stored.
- Type git clone and then paste the URL you copied in Step 3.
- Press Enter. Your local clone is created.